1.5 cups Chia seeds
1 can of coconut cream
- Mix in Thermomix on high speed for approx 30 secs.
- Fill empty coconut cream can with water and place in Thermomix 3x.
- Mix on high speed for approx 30 secs.
- If there is lumpy bits/coconut cream settled on top, need to gently warm the mix and then blend again.
- Pour into a large bowl/container
- Stir the mix with a fork, and as it whirlpools, slowly mix 1 1/2 cups of chia seeds in.
- Place in fridge overnight. After approx 1 hour, stir mix well with a fork.
- Serve with things like berries, nuts, seeds, granola, bananas, cacao nibs, coconut shred etc
If it is a bit sloppy, put another 2-3 TB spoons of chia seeds in.
If it is quite firm, put some more water or almond milk in and stir.
Benefits of Chia:
Benefits include a good source of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, antioxidants, iron, calcium and protein.
Chia seeds should always be soaked before eating for the body to access the health benefits.