Baked Sweet Potato
Meat Free Monday inspiration!
Enjoy this baked sweet potato mixed with loads of yummy vegetables all year round. Also great as leftovers!
Large Sweet potato (1 per person)
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- Preheat oven to 180
- Cut sweet potato length ways across the top (about 70% deep)
- Cut multiple incisions vertically across the top
NB: the potato will now have incisions representing cubes across the top
- Place into oven proof dish
- Smear coconut oil onto the top of the potato (approx 1 tbs per sweet potato)
- Put into oven for approx 1 hour
- Chop fennel, garlic, red onion, broccoli, red cabbage, white cabbage, mushrooms and green beans.
- In a large fry pan saute garlic and red onion until lightly brown
- Add fennel, broccoli, red cabbage, white cabbage, mushrooms and green beans
- Add turmeric, cumin and sea salt to taste
- Stir regularly
- In a separate pan, gently toast pepitas and sunflower seeds in coconut oil (can lightly season with chilli for a bit of heat)
- In a jug mix fresh lemon juice, coconut aminos and sesame oil (to taste) and mix into sauteed vegetables
- Remove potato from oven once cooked
- Put onto plate and splay open
- Spread sauteed veg evenly over potato
- Drizzle a mix of cashew cheez, lemon juice, lime juice, ACV and EVOO over the top
- Sprinkle with gently toasted pepitas, sunflower seeds and fresh chopped tomato.